The Central Development Working Party (CDWP) of the Planning Commission on Tuesday 3rd of September 2019 cleared 13 projects worth Rs142.5 billion from which seven projects worth Rs10 billion were approved and 6 mega projects worth Rs132.5 billion were referred to the Executive Committee of National Economic Council (ECNEC) for approval. The Planning Commission released a press release saying that seven projects would be financed by the Asian Development Bank, three projects would be financed by the World Bank and one project would be financed by Chinese grants.
The projects approved by CDWP are as follows:
- Construction of Deg-Out fall Hydel Power Station project, worth Rs2.564 billion.
- Construction of Pakpatan Hydel Power Station project, worth Rs1.81 billion.
- Construction of Okara Hydel Power Station, worth Rs2.49 billion.
- Project for capacity building of the Energy Department, worth Rs388.55 million.
- Project for conducting feasibility studies for an additional five Hydel Power Stations, worth Rs46 million.
- Re-construction of fully damaged school on Bara project, worth Rs23.23 million.
- Punjab Sustainable Development Goals Project, worth Rs400 million.
The projects referred to ECNEC for approval are as follows:
- Karachi Urban Mobility Project/Yellow BRT corridor, worth Rs56 billion.
- Chianwali Hydel power Station project in Gujranwala, worth Rs3.642 billion.
- Marala Hydel Power Station project in Sialkot, worth Rs4.621 billion.
- Construction of Surface Water Treatment plant at BRBD Canal, under the Lahore wastewater management project, worth Rs19.951 billion.
- Construction of Peshawar-Torkham Motorway project, worth Rs36.705 billion.
- Higher Education Development Project, worth Rs11.567 billion.