The Central Development Working Party (CDWP) on Wednesday 25th of September 2019, approved a total of four projects and referred another two projects to the Executive Committee of the National Economic Council (ECNEC) for approval. The seven projects in total are worth Rs36 billion. Under the new rules, the CDWP has been given the mandate to approve projects worth Rs10 billion or less. Before this amendment, the CDWP could only approve projects worth Rs3 billion or less. The projects approved by the CDWP and the ones referred to the ECNEC are as follows:
- Sewerage system from Larech Colony to Gulshan-e-Ravi Lahore project, worth Rs14.146 billion was referred to ECNEC.
- Operationalization of Green Line Bus Rapid Transport System Karachi project, worth Rs10.956 billion was referred to ECNEC for further approval.
- ADB funded 500kV Moro Substation project, worth Rs7.147 billion was approved by CDWP.
- Feasibility study for Nuclear power plants was approved by CDWP, which would cost around Rs1.042 billion.
- Expo Center Quetta project, worth Rs2.5 billion was approved by CDWP.