The Executive Committee of the National Economic Council (ECNEC) has approved different developmental projects worth PKR 335.61 billion. Finance Minister Dr. Hafeez Sheikh headed the meeting. The attendees’ of the meeting included Federal Minister for Planning and Development Khusro Bakhtiar, KPK Finance Minister Taimur Saleem Khan Jhagra, CP Planning, and Development Board Sindh Naheed S. Durrani, Advisor to PM on Institutional Reforms and Austerity Dr. Ishrat Hussain and several other senior federal and provincial officials. The committee approved several key projects including the revision of the cost of the Dasu Hydropower Project.
The projects approved by the committee are as follows:
- Revision of cost for acquisition of land for Dasu Hydropower project, which the law ministry has been requested to approve within a week. The revised cost is Rs 90.831billion.
- Rs 35.049 billion were approved for the construction and engineering work of Balakot Hydro Power Project in Mansehra, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
- 1230 MW power project in Baloki in District Kasur.
- 1230 MW power project in Haveli Bahadur Shah in District Jhang.
- 220 KV grid station at Head Faqirian and a 220KV power transmission line form Head Head Faqirian to Lundewala were approved at a cost of Rs 5.812 billion.
- 500 KV High Voltage Direct Current (HVDC) transmission system between Tajikistan and Pakistan.
- ICU for mother and child health center and a new children’s hospital are to be constructed at PIMS, at a cost of Rs 4.27 billion.
- KPK Integrated Tourism Development Project at a cost of Rs 17 billion.
- Establishing Basic Education Community Schools (BECS) at a cost of Rs4.629billion.
- Establishing Pakistan Space center at Chakkri, in Rawalpindi District at a cost of Rs 29.506 billion.
- Construction of 305 km Motorway at section N-50 in Kuchlak-Zhob area at a cost of Rs 63.601 billion.
- The Competitive Livable City of Karachi Project (CLICK) at a cost of Rs 33.6 billion.