The federal government has released a total of PKR 629.141 billion for various developmental projects under the Public Sector Development Program (PSDP) 2019-2020. The total budget allocation for the program is PKR 675 billion.
Under the PSDP program, PKR 250.220 billion has been allocated for federal ministries, PKR 241.511 billion for corporations and PKR 42.389 billion for special areas.
Details of the allocation are as follows:
- PKR 185.197 billion was released for National Highway Authority (NHA), out of its total allocation of PKR 227.613 billion.
- PKR 139.98 billion was released for NTDC and PEPCO under the annual development agenda, for which PKR 33.365 billion was allocated under PSDP 2018-2019.
- PKR 10.143 billion was released for Communication Division (other than NHA), out of its total allocation of PKR 13.977 billion.
- PKR 23.258 billion was released for Railways Division, out of its total allocation of PKR 28.06 billion.
- PKR 1.57 billion was released for the Aviation Industry, out of its total allocation of PKR 3.65 billion.
- PKR 29.262 billion was released for the Higher Education Commission (HEC) of Pakistan, out of its total allocation of PKR 30.961 billion.
- PKR 26.695 billion was released for Pakistan Atomic Energy Commission.
- PKR 71.551 billion was released for Water Resource Division, out of its total allocation of PKR 78.09 billion.
- PKR 3.283 billion was released for National Health Services, Regulations, and Coordination Division, of which PKR 12.784 billion have been allocated under the PDSP 2018-19.
- PKR 276 million were released for the Nuclear Regulatory Authority, out of its total allocation of PKR 285 million.
- PKR 4.81 billion was released for the Finance Division, out of its total allocation of PKR 12.346 billion.
- PKR 775 million were released for the Climate Change Division, out of its total allocation of PKR 802 million.
- PKR 338 million were released for the Petroleum Division, out of its total allocation of PKR 463 million.
- PKR 4.119 billion was released for Planning, Development and Reform Division out of its total allocation of PKR 6.86 billion.
- PKR 15.746 billion was released for SUPARCO.
- PKR 26.57 billion was released for the States and Frontier Region Division.
- PKR 11.828 billion was released for Interior Division.
- PKR 24.2 million were released for Human Rights Division.
- PKR 725.7 million were released for National Food Security and Research Division.
- PKR 25.856 billion was released for Azad Jammu and Kashmir block and projects, out of its total allocation of 26.087 billion.
- 2PKR 16.311 billion was released for Gilgit / Baltistan block and projects, out of its total allocation of PKR 17.534 billion.
The planning commission of Pakistan follows a specific procedure for the release of the allocated funds. The procedure states that 20% of funds are to be released in the first quarter (July-September), 20% in the second quarter (October-December), 30% in the third quarter (January-March) and 30% in the last quarter (April-June).