According to the World Bank, Pakistan is among the top 20 reformers globally in Ease of Doing Business. In a tweet, the Country Head of World Bank to Pakistan said that, “With 6 reforms, Pakistan emerges among the top 20 reformers globally in Ease of Doing Business.” He further said that the rankings would be released by October 24.
The six reforms adopted by Pakistan are as follows:
- Starting a Business
- Dealing with construction permits
- Getting electricity
- Registering property
- Paying taxes
- Trading across borders.
Pakistan made several procedures to ease the doing of business in the country. The detail of a few steps taken regarding the reforms mentioned by the WB are as follows:
- Procedures for starting a business were made easier through the online one-stop-shop.
- Sindh Building and Control Authority and LDA made it easier to obtain construction approvals.
- Online procedure for obtaining electricity connection
- Online tax payment systems
- Automating the cross border trading management systems.