On Wednesday, July 17, 2019, in the meeting of Provincial Development Working Party (PDWP), headed by Chief Secretary of KPK Dr. Shehzad Khan Bangash, Rs. 5.545 billion worth of projects were cleared for implementation.
The meeting was attended by many senior officials, including the Secretary Planning and Development Department Mr. Atif Rehman, members of PDWP, Planning Commission and District level officers of the newly merged tribal areas.
Nine projects were presented to the officials in the meeting, of which eight projects were cleared by the officials and one project was rejected, due to flaws in its plan.
The approved projects were related to many sectors such as education, construction of homes, Government offices and roads and the establishment of new bodies to ensure the quality of deliverance of government facilities. The projects were focused on improving government infrastructure and education in the merged tribal areas.
The approved projects included the following:
- Awarding scholarships to the students from Cadet College FATA.
- The issue of lack of facilities in the existing educational institutes was discussed and the officials directed the concerned authorities to provide the missing facilities in their respective institutions.
- Establishment of an Independent Monitoring Unit in the Elementary and Secondary Education department to maintain the quality of education being provided.
- Establishment of a De-Radicalizations Center in South Waziristan.
- Establishment of a Municipal Management Information Unit (MMIU) at Water &Sanitation Service Peshawar (WSSP).
- Establishment of a Performance Management and Reforms Unit in the office of the Chief Secretary.
- Construction of roads in Swat and Haripur District, the road construction projects will be financed from the CVF fund.